The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

'Tis Thanksgiving eve... or the pre-dawn hours of the actual day...

oh my heavens - I'm a horrible blogger!  Not only did I totally skip out on my kids 3mo update (lets face it kids: it's not gonna happen as a single post...
he's turning 4mo in like a week which means that documentation of his life will be doing some double duty). BOO on me... I'm lame.

In other happier, fill-my-bucket type news: (cue trumpeting horns) Brandon will ACTUALLY be home for Thanksgiving!  This is a 2nd time only appearance by him for this holiday since we've been married.  I'm very excited to get to squish his face and do lame things that all you normal couples find annoying to do together.  I cherish the lameness and the goofyness!

Also, our home is actually starting to come together as a functioning, well oiled machine of a house :)  When we first moved into this house, we were just planning on using the upstairs only, as it was just the two of us and really do we NEED to use ALL SIX BEDROOMS?  No... but, now there is three of us... the newest member having the most crap that needs some place to be put.  And he needed his own room - one for a baby that doesn't include a ginormous queen guest bed to hog all the space.  So, today I tackled the Great Rearranging.  Not by myself, mind you, but with a little help from my awesome bro and sis in law... who are on turkey vacation from school with nothing to do.  Alyssa got to play with Jack all day, and Adam helped me do the grunt work of moving all that furniture around.  The office is now cozily set up in the downstairs basement family room, and the old office is now the guest room (and when I say guest room, I really mean the room that all the crap we don't know where to put gets put with a bed in it)  There is still a TON to do (filing all our bills, putting away Brandon's MASSIVE music collection, and the piles and piles of other misc. STUFF that needs some where to go besides the trash) but there is a glimmer of what the finished product will be... I'm hoping to get the giant TV moved downstairs as well, but me thinks that is on the "never gonna happen" list from Brandon... hmmm....

With tomorrow/today being Thanksgiving, I would like to end this post with my many thanks... I'm very thankful for first and most importantly the Gospel in my life, including the Atonement of my Savior.  The love of my family both near and far, friends both old and new, my awesome kid Jack and the amazing man I got to make him with and spend the rest of my Eternity with.  My final thanks is a shout out to Brandon's amazing Uncle David and Aunt Penny who let us rent their home in Rexburg.  You guys amaze me with your generosity and I want to let you know how our lives have been enriched from living here.  I have fallen in love with our amazing neighbors, the ward we live in is one of the best wards I have ever had a chance to be apart of, and it is a HOME for our little family with memories being made every second with our little guy.  He has room to roll around, play, and store all of the many things babies need to be smart.  We can't thank you enough for this blessing in our lives and we love you for it!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!  Gobble Gobble (sorry, couldn't resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment