The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Birfdays and....

 
This handsome boy has officially turned TWO!

It is crazy - I'm having a hard time believing that it's been two years since this little guy stole my heart.  He hasn't gone into full "terrible two" syndrome that I can tell... Sure we have our occasional melt down in the middle of the grocery store, park, church, mall, play date, side walk, parking lot, nap time, and bedtime...but lucky for me they are (SO FAR) short bursts and easily extinguished by showing him something cool or shiny or more interesting than throwing a fit.  So far, it's been working and I'm not looking forward to the day that it doesn't.  'Cause really - he is his mother's son... it will NOT last :)

The birthday day started out with a bunch of balloons scattered around his floor to wake up to... he kinda spoiled the surprise by waking up in the middle of me putting them in his room.  I'm in my bedroom across the hall blowing up the last of the balloons, after I had put the majority in there, when I hear his quiet voice over the monitor "bawoons! yeah!".  I freeze out of pure instinct, hoping that if I make absolutely no noise, he will go back to sleep.  Then the "HI!" started... over and over and over again.  I couldn't ignore it.  He was awake.  So I went in and rocked him in his chair surrounded by balloons, until his breathing got deeper.  He was still excited when he woke up, saying (a lot louder than the night before) "Bawoons! Mommy! BaWOONS!" I went in and got him out of his crib saying "It's your birthday!" and he repeated "BIRFDAY!" over and over again.

 

And yes, he's wearing a shirt that says "I'm just hanging out with these guys until Brand and Angelina adopt me."  Thank you, Auntie CC.  Yes, this 12 mo sized onsie FINALLY fits him at two yrs.

Daddy was able to come home from work that morning to celebrate for a few hours.  So we had a really yummy breakfast, followed by presents! wrapped lovingly in Elmo/Sesame St. wrapping paper



I apologize for my very, very lame joke.

I'm so very lucky to be the mama to this special little guy.






Happy birthday, Jackaroo!

(Oh, and happy 6th anniversary to us, your mom and dad.... Celebrating your birthday was much more exciting than some ol' anniversary)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Jack! I can't believe that he is 2!!

    ReplyDelete