The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 months (technically, 68 days)


Dear Jack,

Oh my sweet, SWEET little rabbit - what a little awesome kid you are becoming!  Every morning is a gamble on how you're going to wake up - either with shrieks of hunger or cute, tiny coos of joy - but by the time your tum tum has got some milk in it, you are a crack up!  All you want to do is jibber-jabber with your moms.


You have definitely found your voice and use it as much as you can while your bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the day.  You talk and talk and talk... and even while your eating, you talk!  And because you talk so much while your eating, your feedings tend to take some time. 
 
You can also be very quiet and observant, like when you find your hands for the day - you will stare at them for hours as you clasp & unclasp your hands over and over again.  Or when you are starting to get sleepy for a nap.  But when it comes to bedtime, you fight it better than your momma does!  Some nights, you just want to play and talk... other nights you cry about how exhausted you are.  But you always love to snuggle up either way, until it becomes way to hard to keep your eyes open.

 Your daddy goes away to work for days, and I worry that you won't remember him when he comes back.  You would always get quiet when he came home, and look for me whenever he held you. This last time he came back, you lit up when you saw him!  He loves and misses you so much that all he wants to do when he gets home is hang out with his Jack Rabbit.  He's so excited for you to be able to play with your toys, that he tries to get you to hold your rattle.  So far, you hold and shake it for a little bit (I think it's because you'll put a death grip on anything put in your hand) and then just put your hand down with it still tightly held by your little hand, seeming to forget that you're even holding anything.  Daddy loves to feed you, but will not touch a dirty diaper unless I can GUARANTEE that it's just a wet diaper... a fear of poo? I guess... I just hope he gets over this "fear" soon...  



The surge of hormones that you got during your first month - causing some major teenage acne - has finally subsided and all the hair that fell out?  Well, it's finally growing back.. we were worried and thought we might need to get you some help:





 



But thank goodness that your fuzz has started to appear!  It's so cute that you still have a few strands of your newborn hair that wisp around as you work on holding your head up. 












You've also started to "chub" up!  You've gained a lot of weight since you showed up - you're now a good 12 pounds, and I think going through a growth spurt because you are ALWAYS hungry! And you are LONG - almost 25 inches, putting you in the 95% bracket!  If you hadn't come out of me, I would be wondering who your mother was - you are ALL dad!






Sitting still isn't really something that interests you, unless your sleeping.  It's a lot of fun most times, but when I want to take a picture to share with the rest of the world... it's a little hard since there's no one else around usually to hold you or the camera steady... this is usually what I end up with: 


You're always laughing and giggling so much that I feel like my heart is gonna burst with all your cuteness! 





But you have your moments where it's really tough to be small... like when you're so tired of having your picture taken...










My favorite thing to do, when you are quiet and looking at everything around you (mostly the ceiling fan), is to have a staring contest...  I totally lost our last game because I was trying to document it all on my own... (I know, excuses excuses...) But usually you're the first to crack!


 I love all of your expressions, especially if I can capture them in a picture



And most of all... I love you!

and giving you lots and LOTS of kisses!





5 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! Seems like you are having so much fun with mamahoood. Jack is so cute & I love your main pic of him and Brandon , that is priceless. So glad you are doing well. CANNOT wait for our little man to get here! Hopefully this week or for sure the next! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post and great pics of your little guy! I'm so happy for you Jen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness he's adorable!

    look at you and your awesome blogging... i told you, once you have a little munchkin you've got all kinds of things to blog about...

    your post made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is such a beautiful and lively baby. I love all these pics. You guys are doing a great job. Can't wait to see more of him and You!! love you lots. Ps i got the package, thanks.

    ReplyDelete