The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

weird!

So I've recently met my across-the-street neighbor at our ward's monthly relief society meeting. 
Sweet girl with an adorable 1 1/2 yr old.  Her name is Jen W., which I thought was funny... My name is Jen and the girl that lives behind my house on the next court over is also named Jen, she's Jen K....  This is what happens when your parents name you the most popular name in three decades: you meet at least 4-5 Jennifer's in a month, and you have about 20 friends with your same name as well... and you have to refer to them by the first letter of their last name, like we're in first grade or something.  To feel a little more adult-like, I've started to call my friends named Jen by personality or familiarities about them... like Jen K has been referred to as Neighbor Jen until we discovered that we have two Neighbor Jen's.  There's Utah Jen, Work Jen (my old coworker), Crazy Jen, and I used to have one that I called Snorts-while-she-laughs Jen (that could have been a nickname someone gave me...)

Anyways, as we're chatting and I'm getting to know new Neighbor Jen, I found another thing we three Neighbor Jen's have in common... WHY we live in Rexburg, Idaho.  All three of us married native Rexburgians.  That's right - we all packed up our stuff and followed our hearts and our men to their land of birth.  And we all admit that if it weren't for the men, Rexburg would be the last place on our "Where to live" list....Oh, the things we do for boys.... *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I kept track of Jen's the same way and you were Crazy Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the plural for "Jen" anyway - Jeni?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plural for "Jen" is "Jens" Jeni is just another way to spell Jenny, short for Jennifer. And yes, I was crazy - crazy FUN! still am, too... lol

    ReplyDelete