The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

our adventurous April

We've had quite the adventurous month of April... You ready to hear all about it?  Oh, it's a doozy!  I don't know how I've been able to stand not sharing how great this month has been.... cause it hasn't.  We've been SiCk!!!  That's right!  For most of the month, we have had the plague descend on our home and it has caused us a lot of holing up and coughing and hacking, and snot - LOTS of snot.  I blame the kid... it's not his fault entirely, due to the fact that he's still working on the immune system and all. 

It all started with a fun trip to Green Canyon,
a local indoor hot springs pool just outside of Driggs, to celebrate his cousin Colter turning the big numero UNO!  Oh, the fun that was had!  It really was a blast - check out the last post to see pics... but then the next night we came home from dropping Brandon off at his truck for another run, and he had a fever.  Nothing bad, just a few degrees hotter than normal so I just chucked it up to teething.  Well, then he woke up at 3am and going back to sleep was not easy... even after taking fever reducer.  LOTS of rocking and singing, humidifier pumping... Over the next 3 days, sleeping wasn't happening for very long or often for either of us, what with all the SNOT everywhere... seriously it was gross.  And then I got it... and I sounded like Arnold Schwarzenegger.... ON MY BIRTHDAY.  For two days all I could do was text anyone that I wanted to talk to because people literally couldn't understand what I was saying.  It was crazy... I had to have Brandon call the doctor from the road to make an appointment for me.  The doc said "oh yeah, this has been going around.  You're the 15th person I've seen today with these symptoms."  By then, Jack was back to his usual self, runny nose gone, just a wee cough left.  Then Brandon came home - and HE got it!  Oh, the misery... He was home for a week trying to get somewhat better so he could go back to work.  After a good dose of antibiotics, I'm getting better, but still have a nagging cough (SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying) and really, that has been our April.

Oh, and the house we've been renting is back on the market - so now getting up and dressed and making the bed before noon is mandatory, just in case someone wants to see the house.  I know that last sentence can be construed as complaining, but I'm really not... that actual act is a new years resolution for me.  In case anyone reading this blog doesn't really know this fact about me, one of my BIGGEST weaknesses is laziness.  (This disclaimer is for those who are not related or have not lived with me...I assume that most people reading this is family & this is all common knowledge in the Grunberg Clan)  I cave every time I can procrastinate something... especially the dishes... and folding/putting away laundry... and making the bed everyday... but in my defense, making the bed is redundant, cause why would I make the bed when I'm just going to be UNmaking it in about 12 hours???  Anyways, I digress... We've started packing for the inevitable day that we will move, and I'm getting a little misty eyed about it.  This is the longest home I've lived anywhere besides my house growing up, & where we brought Jack home, where we became a family... and I will miss this house when we are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment