The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Month 8 is upon us & Jack has turned into the best playmate EVER!  Of course, I'm a wee bit biased being his mom and so far his only consistent play mate.  I love that he has been following me around the house since he's learned to crawl... he's still a bit slow & it takes him some time to catch up, but it's so cute when I'm putting his clothes away in  his room and I hear "da da da... da da da..." getting closer and closer to where I'm at.  Of course, as his speed increases the less harmless this will be ergo my speed will need to increase.

He is a jibber jabbering all the time now.  Lots of practice on his volume control as well... this is most of what I hear "Da da da la la ba ba BA!! La da da da..da da da ba la la la..da da da DA DA LA!!! La la la badala ba la la" It's so nice to have a two-way conversation, even if we both have no clue what the other is saying.  This has only happened in the last week so church will be interesting as we had general conference this weekend.  I teach in primary to the 10-11yr old kids and Jack is usually a saint, often using him as an example of what being reverent is.... oh well.


I've turned into the best jungle gym in the living room.  Doing crawling hurdles over my legs, climbing up on my lap and then trying to pull himself higher by using my hair.  He's also learned that old toys have new ways of playing with them, like underneath the exosacer!


It's like a brand new toy!  By the way, we have gotten him new toys... but like most new toys it takes like a week to see their full potential of fun.  Next on the new toy list is showing him where I store the tupperware & the pots and pans...He's also made a new friend:


We  have a big mirror that sits on the floor in our living room and once he gets bored with his toys, it's off to chat with his new buddy!  It's so funny to watch him chat it up.  He's also learned to pull himself up... one afternoon, Brandon went to go get him after his nap and found him like this:

and then while getting ready one morning, I turned to find him trying his best to get ONTO my bed, but this is as far as he got (thank goodness):


His new philosophy seems to be that the world is his jungle gym - all he has to do is to master climbing... I'm not ready for that yet....

Jack has had his first pool expereince!  It was for his cousin Colter's first birthday party at the local indoor hot spring pool, Green Canyon.  It really wasn't too different from his nightly bathtime, just a much BIGGER tub with lots of people in it & he couldn't be naked - special diapers and shorts were needed.  He was pretty chill most of the night, and enjoyed the warm water.

Jack with his cousin Colter



It was so hard to get pics cause of how much steam there was in the room.  Obviously there are none of me... it was bad enough to go out in public in a swimsuit months before swim season actually begins, I ain't about to put pics up on the bloggosphere of me and my glorious winter/post baby girth :)

In other news, I got a birthday present early this year!  It wasn't a planned early birthday present, more of a husband taking pity on his frustrated wife...Let me do a little bit of a back story:

We had bought a sewing machine a few years ago on a whim - didn't really research it out or anything - and the thing has given me nothing but grief since day one.  But being the stubborn girl that I am, I was bound and determined to have it work properly... I just needed to read the instruction manual a little more closer for the 50th time.  Well, one morning I was trying to hem a new pair of jeans that I got - apparently I'm a midget that should have legs that are at least 6-7" longer than they really are according to the makers of jeans everywhere.  Anywoo... Brandon was home, we had planned to go out for the day and I wanted to wear these new jeans.  I busted out the piece of crap er, singer sewing machine, and thinking this SHOULD take me only 10 minutes...riiiiiiiiiiiiight....I was dreaming!!!  An hour later, a bobbin case broken, and new curse words made-up - I HAD IT!  Brandon lovingly refers to it as "The Great Sewing Machine Meltdown of 2011".  There's a store in Idaho Falls that takes trade-ins, like its a car or something.  So we added that to our to-get list for the day and booked it on down to Brady's and swapped out the junk for something far better:

Janome sewster 500
I loooooooooooooooooooove it!  I was able to do all my mending - lots of pant hemming - AND make a blanket and 4 burp cloths for Jack in an afternoon.  It is so easy to use and easy to get creative! Brady's gave us exactly what we paid for the old machine, it came with a 3 yr warranty, AND lifetime lessons!   I love my hubby for taking sympathy on me and getting this bad mama-jama for me :) Happy early birthday to me!


And I leave you with an oh-so-adorable picture of mr man enjoying the blanket that I made for him... it's got ric-rac and everything :)

1 comment:

  1. way to go JEN!!! i'm impressed. i can sew... not really, but if i need to, i can. i would REALLY LOVE to learn how to sew - WELL! your little jack man is oh so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete