The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

an attempt at many things

I'm attempting at trying to make this a habit of updating far more often than I have been.  I think that the main reason I think why I didn't/don't do it too often is because I feel like my life is far too boring for anyone to WANT to read about.  Jack's growth and development isn't new and exciting everyday/week, and today was the first time I put makeup on and went outside my house today.  And Brandon works - HIS daily activities are so interesting because he deals with a lot of people that are one of two things: 1) they're not the sharpest knife in the block; or 2) high on meth.  But I wouldn't be able to relay the stories so well - first hand account is so much better.  So I'm stuck with finding the interesting parts of my life and hopefully making this worthwhile to read...

So to make good use of my time, I have decided to get in touch with my creative side... a side I love and have missed when I was a working gal and had no time for it.  For those of you who didn't know me way back when, I LOVE anything to do with art.  In high school I was always in art class during lunch working on projects & my parents let me have a "studio" in our garage where I made several paintings out of scrap wood my dad had lying around since I hated work and was poor (some my sister still has, most are in boxes in storage).  Acting like an adult kind of distracted me from things I wanted to make & do, so the passion kind of flickered and went to the back part of my brain for a little while.  Fifteen years later, I'm bringing it to the forefront - mostly making our little apartment homey as of lately.  I've made my first "quilt" (two big pieces of fabric with batting in the middle - not exactly brain surgery), I've made art pieces for Jack's room (see below)


placed above his crib... hoping that the mere mention will lull him off to sleep
in memory of walks to the duck pond with my grandma & grandpa boyd


and for our living room (pictures have yet to be taken), and I've been attempting at making a dress - so far I've cut the pattern out and picked out the fabric... the actual making of the dress has yet to be seen. But I'm starting to feel more whole (does that make sense?) as I push myself creatively like I used to.  The best part of all of it is Pinterest.  What's pinterest you say?  It's hard to describe, but click the link and I promise your world will change.  PROMISE.

Mr. Jack has become quite the entertaining lil' man in my life.  Sure, some days he's a grumpy Gus - we've all got those days - but most days he's a riot.  The thing he's been doing lately that cracks me up is he'll be going about his way when he comes upon something he KNOWS he's not suppose to do, like push buttons on the bluray player or pulling out all the dvd's from the shelves... he'll start saying "NO NO NO NO" and "TOUCH" really really loud, and then proceeds to do the thing he's not suppose to.  Willingly disobeying me, the little rascal - and yet I can't help but laugh at HOW FREAKING CUTE HE IS!  I'm a total sucker and this kid knows it.  He's getting the hang of saying actual words though - Mommy and Daddy are down pat & it makes me melt like buttah whenever he says them.  His first official word (besides the aforementioned) is COOKIES... shocker, I know.  Shoes, puppy, poopy, meow, touch, cold, ni ni, ba ba, juice, na na (for bananas and my mom), coat, duck, moo, hello, bye bye, car, toys, tickle, stories, teeth, and the inevitable MINE are the words he uses most.  Please, share, thank you are the least (of course).  Favorite past time?  Watching Yo Gabba Gabba before naptime and tickling, both receiving and giving.  He'll come up to you with a big smile on his face and start wiggling his fingers on your neck, arm, leg, tummy and say "tickle tickle tickle" and giggle like crazy.  SO. FREAKING. CUTE.  Don't believe me?  Just look at this kid:
taking a bath - one of his most favorite thing to do

my boys
daddy's boots

looking dapper

"all done!" naked cause he spilled juice all over himself

best bedhead EVER

Still don't believe me?  Watch this video (disclamer - as I am IN the video, I did not take the video so I apologize for the poor rotation of the shot)
 

And Rock Springs is growing on me - not the actual town/city but the people I've been meeting.  They make this lone and dreary place a little bit easier to bear.  I found out something interesting shortly after we moved here:



Yes, you are seeing that correctly.  There is a Intergalactic Spaceport close to where I live.  I wonder if they give tours?  THAT would be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I know you mentioned wondering if anyone wants to read about your boring life...well I do!!!! and I don't think it is boring!! Jack is so cute!! And it makes me super excited that he loves Yo Gabba Gabba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts!! You are so funny. Do more....

    ReplyDelete