The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

This post will be lacking something - no pics.  My computer was ransacked by a "backdoor trojan" and have been forced to use the hubs laptop in the meantime until everything gets sorted out.  I'm grateful to have connection to the internet, but sorely miss my computer with my settings, bookmarks etc. I'm hoping that this will be a short-lived time on the lappytop.

Jack has officially turned 16 months and quickly working on his terrible twos...
that stage comes all too quickly.  I've come to understand why Heavenly Father made kids so dang cute - so they'll survive the terrible twos :)  One minute the boy is driving me up the wall and then the next he's melting my heart with an adorable new word or dancing or giving me a kiss.  Kisses will melt my heart in a minute because they're far and few between and they're still the wide, open-mouth, face-plant-on-your-cheek kind and I love 'em.  He's learning lots of new words and is quickly becoming our "parrot" (aka copying everything you say).  He's also become extremely aware of Elmo... which is really odd to me because we usually don't watch Sesame Street - it's on during nap time.  But anything that has Elmo on it, he's starts chanting "melmo".  My reign as the end-all-and-be-all of his world has come to an end and Daddy has taken my place.  First thing in the morning when he wakes up "daddy!", throughout the day "daddy", and especially when he gets in trouble "Daddy!".  He's figured out how to call him on the phone, as well as several other people (sorry).  But Daddy is now his superhero and loves him to pieces! I had a good run... He loves story time at the library, and play dates with several of the kiddos there... and the best thing is that they all know his name.  My name has turned into "Jack's mom", even by the other parents there, which cracks me up to have an adult say to me "Hi Jack's mom!".  I've been working hard on figuring out what to do on cold, blustery days when even going to the car to go somewhere will be too cold... so far lots of dancing, reading, and playing "imgonnagetchya" up and down the hall.    Thank goodness for Christmas and new toys...

The one thing I'm really happy about is nursery at church.  Little background: Brandon is very rarely able to attend church with his busy schedule and if he does, it's usually just for sacrament meetings.  Jack does ok for the first hour, but after that it's all downhill.  Most Sundays, I show up go to the first hour of Sacrament meeting, and attempt to go to Sunday School inevitably having to leave 20 minutes in due to the distraction Jack is causing.  I leave dissapointed that I have to leave early.  Most parents are there together and will bounce the kid between them, each for an hour, until the blessed 18 month mark arrives - that's when parents can drop off their kids for the last two hours of church at Nursery.  They play games, sing songs, do some sort of basic primary lesson about Jesus, and have some snacks.  So this last week I met with my Bishop to talk about lots of things, but most importantly - for me that is - about letting Jack go into Nursery early & if it would be a problem.  We got the go ahead and he's letting the nursery leaders know so next Sunday I can stay for all three hours of church.  SO EXCITED!  Adult interaction, spiritual learning, and the ability to pay attention - all things I took for granted before Jack started walking.

Thanksgiving was just like any other day - we HAD plans to go see family in Idaho, but one of the oil companies had to get frac sand delivered asap so off to work Brandon went along with the rest of his company.  He did get a few extra days off the following week and we're hoping that Christmas won't be a repeat.  I'm loving this time of year - the Christmas time of year that is, NOT the weather.  Christmas is just so much more magical with a kid.  Can't wait until Santa sinks in with Jack - it'll be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment