The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Monday, September 6, 2010

One Month later....


ONE MONTH

 It's been one whole month since lil' Jack has come into our world
- and he's still alive!  I'm sure all of you moms out there in blog world can relate to when you had your first - feeling totally incompetent but doing your very best, hoping that it'll be good enough.  A friend pointed out to me that if I don't know what I'm doing, Jack doesn't know the difference.  Something I keep telling myself when the husband is on the road and I'm alone for days (sometimes over a week) with Jack.

This first month has been an adventure (am I right moms? or am I right?) It's been so neat to get to know this new man in my life... He's a night owl just like his parents (shocking), VERY mellow just like his dad (YES!), but fights going to sleep just like his mom (NOOOOOO!).  He's got the cutest personality and has started to jibber jabber when he's awake - so stinkin' cute!  The pic above is a rare time that he's awake - normally he looks a lot like this:

which is good so mom can get some sleep - but I fight sleeping so I can get stuff done.  The nesting "phase" hasn't left me yet, which is interesting - I've never before not been able to close my eyes without the junk drawer being organized.

The first few days of his life were swarmed with family members visiting from near and far.  I didn't get pics of everyone as I was a walking zombie (wait, I still am...).   I was so fortunate to have most of my siblings come from across the country to meet the newest member of our clan, and to have some quality Grunberg bonding time.  We also were able to bless Jack with my family here, thanks to an awesome ward who let us do it during sacrament meeting on a non-fast Sunday.

Ron and Jean were my favorite visitors as I haven't seen them in years - luckily they also brought my nephew Daniel who I hardly recognized!  My sister Gretchen flew out from Missouri not only to visit us, but to see her two kiddos, Ricky and Beka, who have been working in Yellowstone for the summer.  They have been amazing to have close by (three hour drive... is that still close by?)  And my sister Christianne came up from Arizona with lots of baby goodies to share from some of our friends that live down there.  She actually made the DRIVE in one day - Gretchen and she did together and by the time they got here, they missed their exits more than once and almost ended up going towards Boise (clear on the other side of the state) and it was apparent that they were functioning off of a energy drink buzz.

Ron, Jean & Daniel with us

Gretchen, Ricky & Beka (no, Brandon isn't drunk - just tired of taking pics at this point)


Christianne :)


Grandma Sharon & Grandpa Wally
Now that everyone has gone home and the dust has settled, I raise my fists in the air for my healthy, adorable kid after one month and having my sanity somewhat still intact.  I love the awesome blessings that Jack has brought into our lives - and especially his cute lil' face!
how could you not LOVE this face????

3 comments:

  1. He's darling! And I love that onesie! We have the long-sleeved version and the colors make those baby blues pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY jen!!! you sound like you are loving being a mamma. and yes it is an insane adventure. you never know if you are going to get peed on, pooped on, thrown up on... maybe all three at once. ha.

    love your little jack. super cute. and you look great too! congrats on your newest addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I can't believe its already been a month! He is way cute & just looks like a little man. Don't worry one thing I have learned... new mom or old (like me waiting for #4) you still have those feelings of being incompetent, & they really don't know right or wrong. The good news is even when they are 15 (like Devyn) sometimes they still don't know!! HA!! So enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete