The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

update, smupdate...

SO - I am completely overwhelmed with the catching up business of this blog 'cause this girl is WAAAAAAY behind... I'm going to follow the advice of my very cool friend Natalie and just try to share more smaller stuff, instead of one big huge posting that inevitably leaves me to miss something.  Here I go, going to do my best...


Jack is at that awesome stage of fun-ness where he can start to rough house a little... doing upside down "dips" mostly.  He turned 7 mo. yesterday (which - HELLO! can't believe he's already that old...) and finds the most odd things funny... like me saying the word "boogers".  He's using "da da" a lot in his vocabulary as of late... most mornings, that's what I wake up to him chanting.  Too bad Da Da isn't home most days to hear such cuteness!  He does say "ma" but only when he's hungry and crying... he knows who's got the goods.  Every time I try to catch him doing his cute babbles, he gets too interested in the camera and suddenly becomes mute.

He's working really hard on becoming more mobile, which equals trouble for me.  He's been rocking while on his hands and knees, but has yet to move in any direction while there.  But he's already super fast on rolling around... In fact, he had his first roll-off the other day - right off our bed.  One minute he's in the middle of our big king size bed rolling from the headboard to the footboard (an activity that involves tons of giggling), when I turn away for just a second to grab something (what did I need to grab in that second??).  He must have pivoted and rolled at the same time... I hear a thud and then a wail.  A horrible way for both of us to learn that there's no more hanging out on mom and dad's bed.  Jack has also had another firstofmany - his first cold.  Poor kid has been so miserable, but he's on the tail end of it now.  He's gotten used to the "booger sucker", but if I take too long, oh he lets me know.  The one good thing to come out of him being sick is that he really loves to take baths now... here are some cute shots I got of him:






















and a stinking CA-UTE video (if I do say so myself):


Just ignore my annoying voice... I need to work on that.



In other family news - we have sold two, that's right I said TWO! vehicles in a week... we were just about to open a car rental place if something didn't sell soon!  This has brought MUCH financial relief to us - one less car payment, and a HUGE savings in car insurance - but this has now created a small problem for me that we didn't really forsee.  You see, the two cars we sold happen to be the two cars that had four doors.  The vehicles we have left are both two door coupes.  Any one with a baby who still has to be in a rear-facing car seat knows where I'm going with this... PAIN in my rear, I tell you.  If Brandon were home more often, it wouldn't be so bad - I could leave the kid at home and go get/do the things that I needed.  And I hate being THAT friend/neighbor who's always needing something from friends/neighbors ALL THE TIME.  Peoples have got their own families and problems to deal with, and they don't need something or someone else to worry about.  This has led me to fantasizing about things being different... one, my family living close... they all miss Jack so much & I know they would jump at the chance to get a few moments (or *gasp* a whole hour!) to play with him. But the ridiculous fantasy I have is that EVERYTHING HAS A DRIVE-THRU... but it only works in theory.  Inevitably, the grocery store drive- thru would get someone who couldn't make up their mind on something inane and you would be stuck behind them... ever get those moments at a fast food drive thru?  Yeah, frustrating to say the least.  So, for now I just put off most of what I have to get/do.  It's amazing what you can make on very little... quesadilas for dinner 3rd night in a row baby! Not really, but it feels like it...

And in closing, I will leave you with one more fun video of Jack in a walker that his Auntie Erin has lent to us:


He is just the cutest kid I know.... hopefully he's pretty cute to you, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment