The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We're just a bunch of movers and shakers around here....

The Parkinson Clan has had an exciting development... Jack has begun to crawl!
He's still a bit uncoordinated but determined when he sees something that he wants.  Like his attempt at grabbing my camera, as documented here:
close...
closer....

this was taken right before a head lunge with a wide open mouth.
These pictures are the best ones I can get - he's on the move and wants to grab my camera in a bad, bad way.  This video displays his motor skill development much better....


However, he has improved in the last week... not so much dragging going on :) As you can see, we encouraged him to crawl with our remote.  He loves buttons, and also deleting the latest "Glee" episode before I can watch it.  Toy remote is next on our to-get list.....

His first tooth is also beginning to rear it's sharp top - the bottom front... This has made him extra clingy, (hence following me around the house) but at least he's super giggly when he's latched onto me like a monkey.  He's developed the best belly laugh and rewards me whenever I make a silly face or funny noise.  I appreciate the laugh the most in the wee hours of the morning when he wakes up and sees me with my morning hair (my siblings know this "hair" that I speak of) It's the best way to start my day!

In scarier news... Brandon almost had a "Wizard of Oz" moment today as he missed a tornado by 10 minutes!  Stress me out - but that's what comes with the job, I guess.  Kinda wish he wouldn't tell me about his near-misses because all I'll do is worry about him for the rest of his trip. 

I got to visit with my cousin Katie, who lives in Idaho Falls, for the blessing of her newest wee lass Joseph.  She busted out some photo albums that belong to her mom, and there were pics of my Mom and siblings in there that I had never seen before.  So, Momma Grunberg, here are some of my favorites!

Sharon Boyd, age ???
Sharon Boyd, age 10























and I THINK this is mom... but we weren't sure.  no tags on the back.  Mom? Can you vouch for who this is?

The Boyd Family (l-r) Sharon, Alan, Jeannie, Bobbie, Cliff, & Susie.  Robert Boyd and Vivian Asher Boyd up front

It was so fun to see all these pictures and to see my cousin and her cute little family :)  Now, the trick is seeing her MORE OFTEN!  Hopefully when the weather finally gets better, we could do that ;)  'Cause really, what kid wants to just sit there while the grown-ups talk? 


2 comments:

  1. Trust me, they know the difference between a toy remote and the real thing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. get ready to jack proof the house!!! and they TOTALLY know the difference between a toy remote and the real deal... haha.

    ReplyDelete