The Parkinsons - Stay at home Mom, Truck driving Dad, and a very cute little boy.. Living the dream

The Parkinsons - Stay at home mom, hard working dad, and one very cute little boy.... living the dream.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

resolutions, schmesolutions

Who needs resolutions when the day brings a lot of reflection - how could it not?  And looking back at the past 12 months, I'm amazed at how much has changed around me - and how much I have changed. 
So many thoughts, all very overwhelming when compacted into one afternoon.  Brandon's new job, our move, new friends, new neighbors (constantly), new lessons learned, and new uncertainties.

I'm not going to list off a million and one things I should be resolving to do, cause lets just be honest - they won't last past January 15th.... or sooner. :)  I am grateful for the many things that we have been blessed with this past year, even the hard things.  It's always with hindsight that I become grateful for the hard things - those lessons in life that I really wish I didn't have to learn until after I've learned it.  Forgiveness has been one of those lessons (still learning it) but what I have learned so far has been an amazing experience.  There is no way I would have this understanding if I hadn't had the hard times of hurt, frustration, & anger.  Glad I went through what I did to learn what I had to learn, but it totally sucked. 

The boy is in the midst of his terrible twos... yup it happened.  Neither one of us is happy about it... I was hoping to keep my happy lil' guy for a little bit longer.... So new words are getting taught "Help, mama".  I'm hoping those will get used before screaming in frustration soon.  I look forward to those moments of quiet time with him, and revel in them much more now.  Story time before bedtime, our little half hour on the couch snuggling watching Yo Gabba Gabba before nap time, and bath time.  Bath time has been turning into trying to see how wet he can get me, but still fun :)

This year has been good to us, hopefully 2012 will follow suit... What's in store for us?  All I know is a lot of changes.... Hopefully all good ones :)

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment